SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
no_green_thumb

Family Room Reno - Take 3

no_green_thumb
14 years ago

I need to reno my family room. I posted before Christmas and received some suggestions on layout. The room is large, about 17 x 18 - ceilings 9'. I made some changes and now need to start looking at furniture. Thanks for looking and for your help.

Note: I have not yet moved any of the pictures (will remove some permanently) - I am trying to get a feel for what furniture I need to buy.

1 - It was suggested to move the cabinet to the corner.

BEFORE - the TV cabinet was on the fireplace wall.

AFTER - I moved it to the corner - I moved the spinet desk to fill in the "hole" -- and the picture over the desk is the only one I have moved. I am thinking that the desk would be better on the other side of the fireplace - I am seeing two many sharp corners with the fireplace, picture over, desk and picture over that.

PICTURE OF RIGHT SIDE OF FIREPLACE

I have moved the recliner down toward the door and put the glider next to it. My thought is to get two chairs for this wall with a table between. I may keep the glider to go on the wall next to the sofa, but the recliner will go.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I will purchase a new sofa to replace this; I have removed the rug under the coffee table

The current paint is Shaker Beige - hate it, it reads much too cold in this room - I am thinking of a blue-green-gray to bring out the colors in the fireplace.

Pictures of kitchen (Saybrook Sage) and dining room (Kentucky Haze)

I am thinking of a plain traditional sofa (complementary to the carpeting) and two matching chairs in a subtle pattern.

Please give me any and all ideas. I am open to anything. I want to keep the TV cabinet, the antique desk next to the sofa and hopefully the spinet desk. Other than that, I am open to change. Thank you so much for your time!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH