SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kobrinl

Trane or American and confused?

kobrinl
16 years ago

The compresser died on my AC. I have had 3 Trane and 1 American Standard dealer to my home. I need a new Furance/Coils, AC with air filter, Humidfier and new thermostat. The current square footage is 1800 but we may add on for a total of 2300. I am trying to avoid purchasing a system that is to small for the increase in square footage. The problem is I get many different answers to my questions and I am now very confused.

Only one dealer measured the house and looked at the windows. That dealer did not talk about upsizing the supplyÂs. Most others took my measurements but did not look at windows but did talk about upsizing. Some Questions.

1. Is there a difference between Trane and American Standard?

2. Most dealers are talking up the Trane XV90. My concern is they want to dump the water into my sump pump pit along with the water from the Humidfier. I am not crazy about this because it could make the pump do more work. So I am now considering XV80. No water and I wonÂt have to reline the flue.

3. They keep pushing Trane Clean effects? Is the Trane clean effects worth the money? I was originally considering an April Air 2400.

4. On the AC R-22 or 410?

Comment (1)