SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paintedpeggies

What should I keep in mind NOW for future kitchen remodel?

Hi all! I posted on the remodeling forum and they recommended posting here too, since you are all so knowledgeable, and helpful.

So, we are adding a bedroom onto our house by closing off our two story kitchen. (yeah, sorta weird, but that's what the house came with!) It is a 16'10" ceiling and obviously I will have a standard ceiling in my kitchen after they do the work.

I now have 6 pot lights and a center ceiling fan. They need to put new lights in the new ceiling when it is built.

We are not doing our kitchen reno yet, but hopefully will soon. I want to try to think ahead as far as the ceiling/lights so I don't have to re-do them in the future. Does that make sense?

We now have a big center island and I want to put in pendants over it. I just don't want to have a 'why didn't we think of that before??' moment when we decide it is time to do the kitchen.

Any tips/ideas would be great:)

here is an old pic from before we moved in...we now have an island in the space in front of the sink. It is 3' x 5' with an overhang for three stools.

Comments (9)