SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsbrad_gw

Kitchen layout crisis. Please help!

MrsBrad
12 years ago

I have already put a deposit down on my cabinets. My cabinets are currently being built. Only now am I realizing my layout may not work, so I am panicking a bit. I believe I still have time to change some things so your inputs would be very helpful. I found this forum not too long ago and have been learning a lot from it, I just wish I would've found it before I finalized my plans! The main issue I am having is aisle width. As you can see below, I wrote 36" on the isle widths. I know this will not be true because of the counter overhang. My drawing isn't to scale but I did write all the correct measurements for the cabinets and the lengths of each wall. I think the best solution at this point would be to turn the 36" drawer bank, keep the trash pullout next to it and make a 24" by 54" island. The other issue is the fact I was told by 4 different kitchen designers that the min. overhang for seating is 8 inches so I thought I was doing good with 12 inches. I do not have to have island seating. I like the idea of it and I would really only need two seats for my two young children, but it is not a must. I do really want an island though. Shrinking it would not be an issue. Thanks in advance!

{{gwi:1586925}}

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations