SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gazania_gw

Never, ever do these two things with your spouse

gazania_gw
10 years ago

Wallpapering and deep cleaning the refrigerator together will have you fighting it out in divorce court!

The wallpapering of a small bathroom was many years ago, but I remember it well. There was a 9 1/2 inch repeat on the paper...need I say more.

The battle that took place in the kitchen over the cleaning of the fridge was this morning. I said "we start from the top. "Take the 2 shelves on top out. Wash and dry them and all the items from those shelves need wiped clean. Wash the interior walls in that area and then put everything back in before moving to the next lower shelves". While I am washing the first shelf, he is busy emptying the whole fridge...in no particular order I might add. Then I see he has pliers and screw drivers out to dismantle the meat and produce drawers. HUH!!!

Next he is asking me where this shelf or that glass or rubber strip etc, etc goes. It is all put back together now, except for a shallow bin that is the same dimensions as the meat drawer, except half the depth. It is sitting on the counter yet and HE doesn't know where it goes. I have to admit I don't know where it goes either. I don't remember ever seeing it...have no idea where it came from.

It is all nice and clean, certainly needed done and it would be very difficult for me to do it alone, but you might want to avoid divorce court by not enlisting the help of your significant other for these chores.

Tomorrow we do the kitchen pantry!

Comments (31)