SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

The ideal picnic basket

lpinkmountain
13 years ago

I have the coolest picnic basket I inherited from my mom. It is large, rattan but with a wood frame and top, metal handles. It is easily as old as I am, and still going strong. I took it to a big picnic yesterday, and upon leaving it seemed like the stuff I brought somehow expanded and I couldn't get everything back in the three containers I brought. One was the basket, and the others were just open tote bags. I think I'd like to get another picnic basket. But I just don't know about these traditional style ones, that have the straps on them for the plates, cups and flatware. What happens when it is time to go home and you have to tote those dishes home dirty? I'm thinking I might better like to get some big clear plastic containers to hold various items in, and then get a basket I could stack them up in. So things could go back in dirty and wouldn't get goop all over things. Also having mix and match storage containers would help me pack up quickly and stay organized. But I have never seen anything like that and it might be hard to find storage containers that fit together in a mix and match way.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? How do you organize your picnics? I'm not talking about a two person wine and cheese in the park kind of affair, I'm talking schlep the whole family to the beach all day kind of picnic.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!