SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

Yeast Raised Waffles - Thank You Rob..

ann_t
10 years ago

Thank you Rob,
I don't think I have to look any further for the perfect waffle.

No only is it the perfect breakfast waffle, but it isn't a sweet waffle so it will also be great as a part of a savory meal.

The are everything that the Smitten Kitchen promised them to be.

"..........This is not pancake batter poured in a grid mold; this is not cake. This is a cross between the finest yeast doughnut youâÂÂve ever sunk your teeth into and a rich brioche roll. The edges are as golden and crisp as the outermost layer of puffed pastry and the center is as rich as pudding but as airy as a soufflé. The aroma is that of freshly baked challah and the flavor is something of a malty croissant -" not sweet, but so complete in its complexity, you might even forget to drizzle it with syrup. It sounds heavy, yet they have all the heft of a paperclip."

After mixing up the batter last night, I thought that something must be wrong because the batter was really thin. I went back and read Smitten Kitchen's post again, and noticed something I had missed the first time around. This batter is suppose to thin. It isn't a Belgian waffle batter. So I just added another 3/4 cup of flour. In the morning the batter was nicely raised and bubbly. After mixing in the two eggs and the baking soda the batter was the perfect thickness for a Belgian Waffle.

Have I mentioned that I love my new waffle maker? It bakes four square waffles in two minutes. And reheats immediately. So the whole batch, 20 waffles, (5 X 4) took just over 10 minutes.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths