SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawaps_gw

I dreamed a dream...literally..with GW guest stars

cawaps
11 years ago

Last night I had kitchen/GardenWeb dream. I hope this will give you as much of a chuckle as it gave me.

I had somehow acquired a new house with a very old kitchen. The cabinets were all stick built, and the paint was pretty chipped. The lowers were a dark salmon pink, just a shade lighter than I would call red, and at least some of the uppers were cotton candy pink. I'm pretty sure there were other colors, too.

I had somehow acquired some new, blue, factory-painted upper cabinets, and I was installing them when a host of GWers descended on my house. I'm not sure who all was there except for Palimpsest and Marcolo, who came and introduced themselves. Marcolo didn't look anything like I expected, being 20-something and having an X-games fashion sense (sorry, Marcolo, I can't account for my subconscious). Anyway, Marcolo started showing me the deficiencies in construction on the new blue cabinets, admired my old cabinets and asked why I wasn't keeping them.

This being a dream, I couldn't remember why the cabinets were so terrible that they had to be replaced even though it had seemed really obvious at the beginning of the dream. But my subconscious generated a new reason...the uppers were mounted so high that I couldn't reach them. I briefly contemplated installing a library ladder before I woke up.

What do you think it means?

Comments (29)