SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbfish

Please help w/Holiday Decs for Biz Party

greenthumbfish
11 years ago

Hi all,

Sorry I've been so scarce lately, and it doesn't look good for the far future, ugh!

Alas, please, I need your help, I know this is long, but it all matterS if you'll hang in there with me...

The particulars:

Co. Pres. would prefer to have Co. Christmas party at his house. Unfortunately, too many (myself included) live too far away and a venue closer to the biz is preferable to most employees anyway - it will be held at the country club where he and the CFO golf on Fri afternoons ;-)

The heart of the matter: he wants a more "homey" feel than last year.

So, last year we tried to save by, very, simply playing Christmas CDs on a boombox, because a few were unimpressed by the keyboardist the year before. Can you say bomb?

Everyone agrees, the keyboardist was much better. So Pres. suggested that, but he's always open to alternatives. We left a message with the keyboardist, anyway, to see if he was free that night, but I'm scared we've waited till the last minute. I have no other referral. Should I resort to CL? Any other alternatives?

This country club is extremely simple (mid-cities DFW). That being said, at the very least, they will set up a tree (with fake presents if we want ;-) as well as the lovely folding chairs surrounding large (8 people) round offset tables.

I'm thinking the tables may be part of the problem.

The company's employees total 14 max. (1 couple cannot come), times 2 for spouses, add a very few local business associates and we're talking less than 35, closer to 30.

So at their rate, we fill 6 maybe 7 seven tables. Can/should we ask for smaller tables?

That sounds like it would be more "homey." Would that be too intimate?

So what about decs?

I'm trying to think of the best way to "home-ify" the folding chairs, but I'm coming up blank. I'm just not seeing a ribbon/bow solution and anything more elaborate will break the bank! Help!

The tables, regardless of size will thankfully be covered with white table cloths.

We've just signed the contract today, so hopefully we will be allowed over to plan soon.

If I remember correctly, there was nothing on the walls, but if there is, it's unmemorable.

One of 2 large rooms are available; after 2 years, one in each room, I will be requesting the better (more "homey") room.

We will most likely opt for the Italian Buffet package they offer and I'm working on a custom designed invite that reflects that. So Red, white and green!

How can I "homey" it up? HELP! I'm about to ask my mother - nooooooooooooo! ;-)

TIA!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida