SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Do Your Holiday Decs Sometimes Clash . . .

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

with your everyday things? I have to chuckle at how incongrous some of my holiday decs must look when seen by visitors walking to my home. My rooms run the gamut from Spanish to Eclectic Southwestern to Western . . . plus DD's French bedroom ;^D

But, when I decorate for holidays they, many times, "clash' with my everyday decor.

I can't even imagine trying to come up with Spanish Colonial themed Easter decs for my dining room or family rooms (LOL)! But with it's Old World paintings of saints and other similar things, many of my tablescapes and holiday decs do look out of place to me.

This Autumn dec looks out of place, I think, under my San Isidro painting. Can you imagine how Easter bunnies or snowmen would look there? Too funny!

{{gwi:1404905}}

I always think my Easter tree, for example, looks so strange in there when seen in the context of the entire room.

{{gwi:1404906}}.

Or how about my Asian table? {{gwi:1404907}}

Storing my art away for each holiday or non-Spanish tablescape isn't a practical solution, as it could get damamged . . . and let's face it, we gals here do like to create a lot of different tablescapes (LOL)! It would be constantly in storage! I'm not a big wreath person and don't think the idea of wrapping the paintings to look like gift packages would work for us.

So, do you ever have this kind of dilemma? What do you do . . . or what would you do? What I've been doing so far is just ignoring the clash . . . LOL!

Lynn

Comments (12)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions