SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

My Pumpkin Cheesecake Didn't Rise.....ð¢

User
9 years ago

....like it should have done. After all that time! And I made the crust myself of mixed graham cracker crumbs and gingersnap crumbs (which I ground myself) so it would not be too sweet!

In other Thanksgiving news, the chocolate pecan pies have come up beautifully, thank heavens! Picking up my fresh turkey from the markeot this morning, as well as a smoked Boston butt and apple pie from our local Methodist youth who have cooked all night for a mission trip fundraiser.

We only have eight for dinner but I am hoping for leftovers. MIL with Alzheimer's here on new meds we are monitoring. College student home, arrived over the weekend with small explosion of laundry, eldest son arriving late tonight, DD and (serious) boyfriend here tomorrow. Weather horrible, I purchased several gingerbread house kits and we are going to build them in teams and award prizes (instead of tennis round robin).

Any cooking or weather disasters at your house??

Now this is weird, I thought this was posted at 7:30 am this morning!

Since then, I have cooked two turkey breasts, mashed potatoes, stuffing, made the gravy, and put all the veg in the roasting pan. Aunt coming from neighboring state called and said she was at front gate, code did not work, we gave her delivery person code, friend code, family code, none worked, DS1 drove down there to let her in with his remote and.....she wasn't there. Found her about 15 minutes later, she had gone to a neighbor's a couple of miles up the road who also has a gated entry!

And our water stopped running, completely. Called well company, described mountain of dishes, Imminent arrival of relatives and current mental state and they were out within the hour. A fitting had rusted, was replaced, and water restored, but not without a few tense moments envisioning future memories of The Thanksgiving With No Water.

As if I didn't have enough to be thankful for, I am now very grateful for water!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County