SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chorchie

Concerned about estimates from HVAC installers...

chorchie
9 years ago

Hi all,

I received 2 estimates for a dual zone system. We would be replacing a 5 ton single zone system for a 5 ton dual zone and relocating the furnace to the attic.

One company is proposing a single stage 5 ton Bryant system (Legacy 116BNA) with an 80% AFUE single stage fixed speed furnace (Legacy 80 model 310). My concern is that this is a single stage furnace and AC unit and from what I read, I will need a variable speed furnace, and also, I am not sure what to think about using the Legacy line of products. The estimate for this system is around $9500.

The other company is proposing a 5 ton HEIL single stage system (NXA660) with an 80% AFUE single stage variable speed furnace (G8MXL1102120). The estimate for this system is $10k. Or, they also offered a Heil dual stage AC unit (H4A660GKD) with the same furnace for $12500. I really don't know anything about the HEIL brand, though.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, we need to move forward with this ASAP as we have to be done before we move in.

Thank you in advance for your help.

This post was edited by chorchie on Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 13:09

Comments (14)