SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmsweethm_gw

TV in the kitchen -- any recommendations?

16 years ago

We just finished our kitchen remodel, and I didn't leave a space for a TV, because I had never wanted a TV in the kitchen before. Well, now I love being in my kitchen, as does the rest of the family. I use my laptop in there all the time. I'm thinking of getting a small flat-screen TV to sit on the counter, or maybe on an etagere, like one sold in the Ballard Designs catalogue (link below).

Can anyone recommend a small one that won't be so intrusive on the counter, to watch things like the morning news shows before heading off to work and school, or the Sunday news shows? My husband also wants to be able to peek in on the sports channels as he's cleaning up (we have a big screen tv in a family room, so this would be no substitute).

What TV have some of you gotten for your kitchen for this kind of use, what brand and what size? I can't build it in now, don't want to give up the cabinetry, so it needs to sit on the counter.

A friend of mine's husband bought a smallish Sharp TV, maybe 15 inches, I'm not really sure, that sits on their counter and looks great. Something like that. Anyone have pics of theirs on the counter, and how do you like it? Is good reception a problem?

Thanks for the feedback!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard etagere

Comments (16)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio