SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkeruski

New AC/Compressor Question

funkeruski
16 years ago

I had a new AC installed about a month ago (4-ton, 15 Seer Rheem). The outside portion (I guess this is the compressor, and it's not a heat pump)has constant standing water underneath. I guess this is condensation, and it's not a lot of water, but it's enough to make me concerned. Is this normal? I'm worried about rust/corrosion with this moisture present. Any feedback on this is appreciated. I do have a call into the installation company, but have not got a call back.

And, while I'm here, the unit replaced a 15 year old unit. I expect to see my energy bills drop, but have not gone through a full billing cycle with the new unit. My last bill did reflect 15 days with the new unit and the power usage did not drop at all. I don't have any other new electrical devices which could account for the increased energy use. Should I expect my electricity bills to fall with the new unit and, if not, what could be the problem? I'm going to wait until a full billing cycle ocurs with the new unit before I go jump off a bridge :) Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH