SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clwguy

How Does One Find the Right Company to do the Install?

clwguy
16 years ago

According to everything I've read, the two most important factors in purchasing a new a/c system are: getting the right size system for my home and it being installed properly.

I've gotten 3 different firms to quote on installing a new system. All seemed to have based their quotes on the existing system. My first concern with this is how do i know the existing system was sized correctly for the house? Secondly, all 3 estimators said i could go with either a 2.5 or a 3 ton system. This only increases my concern. If matching the proper size to the house is important shouldn't the professionals be telling me which size to go with?

Lastly, everybody says use a good reputable firm to ensure professional installation. How does one really know who's good and who will do a proper install? You can't really base it on recommendations from friends because they know about as little as I do on whether something was installed correctly or not. Checking with the BBB and local license office only shows that the firm doesn't have problems -- not that they are good.

Any advice on this? thanks.

Comments (2)