SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kansas_2007

Trane HVAC Install Advice Appreciated!!

kansas_2007
16 years ago

Great site for information. I have enjoyed reading everyone's experiences Good and Bad. I live in Kansas and getting HVAC quotes has been a pain. I have called the big boys and been blown off as a shopper or no return phone call to set up appt. Called the independants and no follow up. One guy came over spent and hour on a saturday at my house and have not heard from him in 6 weeks. Frustrating.

Manual J calc's don't seem to be necessary around here. They look at what you have and size accordingly. I believe they fear the consumer won't want to pay or can't afford any upgrade pricing for changes.

What I did find was an independant 4 man shop referred by a friend. Seemed very informed and professional. Spent an hour walking around the house inspecting and asking questions about comfort etc.

House is 20 yrs. old 1600 SF ranch in the midwest KANSAS. Following is the qoute. I just would like to know if there are any other questions I need to have answered. The price seems reasonable. Replacing a Lennox system which worked well ( They said 3Ton because had a 41 in model #). Anderson double pane windows and reasonably insulated.

Also quality of components recommended or should I request other brands. Media filter/Humidifier, etc.

Trane XL14i 3Ton 4TTX4036B1000A

Trane Coil 4TXCB036AS3HCA

Trane XV80 TUDO80R9V3K 80,000 BTU 80% 2-Stage Var

New Copper Lineset

New Fused Disconnect Box

New Honeywell IAQ Stat

New Perfect Fit Media Air Cleaner

New Aprilaire Humidifier

Warranty 10yr. Compressor and Parts, 20 yr. Heat Exch., only 1 year LABOR warranty. Total installed price $ 5500.

Thanks in advance for response. They said duct work looked good with returns/registeres in all rooms reasonably sufficient. Some back bedrooms are hot which the Var speed should help, but to add registers and make returns larger would be expensive.

I am not opposed to spending money for quality and price is not the main determinate since I plan on staying here another 20 years.

Comments (6)