SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theswami_gw

Replacement System Quote..Is it reasonable?

theswami
15 years ago

I live in Central NJ and having my AC and Furnace replaced. I had two guys come out with a third coming this week to assess my situation. For the most part both guys suggested similar equipment but please review the following and let me know if you think the pricing is good:

4 Ton System

Furnace - Trane XV80 TUD100R95V5K

Coil - 4TXCC049BC3HCA

AC - Trane XL15i 4TTX5048A1000A

$8285 (after Trane rebate)

Warranty 10 year Parts/ Only 1 year labor

The install will include a thermostat and new electrical disconnect box, new pad, and removal of the old system.

I do have a few issues, the first guy indicated that I may be wasting money with R410A vs R22 and thought "in our area we do not need anything more efficient than the XL14i." With that said, he didn't quote the XL14i since it was no longer available on his pricing schedule which seems about right since it appears that it may be discontinued.

Both guys thought I could save a few bucks by going with the XR80 and XR13 and really didn't push me one way or the other.

Am I doing myself a disservice by not looking at the 90%-95% efficiency units? I would have to have PVC venting put on the house if I went in that direction.

Comments (5)