SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustypixel

Something doesn't smell ...

rustypixel
16 years ago

Believe it or not, It's been about 3 months that I've had my washer and dryer and I'm still trying to find a detergent that I'm happy with. Well, not that I'm not happy with the detergents I have (Sears HE powder, Surf Sparkling Ocean and a small bottle of Tide Pure Essentials Citrus). Each of these have done a great job of getting my clothes clean. My biggest issue is that while the clothes come out clean, there is no scent at all to them and I'm used to having SOME kind of scent and I miss it. I'm not using fabric softener because of the stories I have read that softeners can gunk up machines. I have pretty much given up on getting a detergent that has a scent that I like as I have noticed that after the wash is over, the clothes just don't have ANY scent at all (with the exception of the Tide liquid which does leave a light lemon scent that I absolutely love but which disappears once the clothes come out of the dryer). Even Surf, which has a nice, crisp scent, would not leave the clothes smelling that way after the wash.

I know that on this board I have read that some people dilute liquid softener with water and use a reduced amount. Still, others recommend taking that same diluted amount of softener and spritzing either the damp clothes, the dryer or both. All I'm looking for is to be able to have my clothes retain some scent of my choice. It's obviously not going to happen with the use of scented detergents because those scents get washed out. So, after this long rant, I'm basically asking for any tips that can be passed along that will help me get my clothes ever so lightly scented after I pull them out of the dryer.

Thanks.

Comments (6)