SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Sure fire test of a marriage

neetsiepie
12 years ago

I am taking a week off work to help my DH (who has ADD and hoarding compulsions) to get his garage and shop clean up and organized. This is a HUGE undertaking, as we have an oversized double garage, 30 foot RV pad and a 1000 SF shop attached to both. DH uses 99% of this area as his work space for his business, so I have a tiny amount of space to use for household storage.

We are working well together, so far. He's only had one mini-breakdown when I forced him to justify why we had several spare car parts, still NIB. I won't go into the discussion (which never got too heated, actually) but it was intense. In the end, a compromise was reached and I praised him when he got rid of a part that had had some return value, but he'd lost the receipt, so it was now worthless.

In return, I agreed to give up a bunch of scrap tile I had planned to use for a mosaic project (that in reality won't ever occur), wall paper supplies (left over from a very tiny wall paper project and will never be repeated) and am going thru a large box of fixtures, knobs, etc that I like, promising to reduce by 50%.

So if by Saturday we're still speaking to one another, I suspect our marriage will remain intact for a while longer.

Comments (6)