SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Has anyone added blown insulation to their house?

Kathsgrdn
15 years ago

I'm sitting here cold, just turned the thermostat down from 72 to 70 and am getting ready to put plastic on the window in the livingroom and the back bedrooms. I bought the plastic a couple years ago but never put it up. My electric bill last month was around $170 and this month a whopping $182!

I need to change the heat pump filter out under the house too but Wal-mart doesn't have my size filter so I have to wait till I'm off later this week and buy it from the company that put my new heat pump in. I may buy a few because it's really inconvenient not being able to get them in a regular store.

Anyway, I've been seriously thinking of adding more insulation to the house. I really hate being cold so I've been keeping the thermostat up. But, I hate paying so much for it too. I was just wondering if anyone has added insulation to their home and did it make a big difference in their heating bills and the warmth of their home? I thought the house would have good insulation since it's not really that old when I bought it, about 13 years old a few years ago.

Oh, and was it expensive to have done? My house is only about 1400 sq feet.

Comments (10)