SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

I've gotten TWO surprises...

annie1992
15 years ago

I'm woefully remiss in posting this, so it's time to catch up with my thank yous.

A couple of weeks ago I got a package in the mail, insured. I even had to sign for it at the post office. I couldn't remember ordering anything, so I went to pick it up. The return address contained the name of a person that I'd never heard of and a city in Georgia that I'd also never heard of. Maybe Elery ordered something?

When I opened the package I found a lovely note from Renee (beanthere_dunthat). Renee and I have been friends for a long time, though a couple of forums and a couple of moves and more than a couple of states, LOL.

In addition to the note, I found this:

Isn't it gorgeous? On the day I picked it up I was wearing a rusty colored jacket and skirt in autumn colors, this matched perfectly. Thank you, Renee, for thinking of me. I love it and so far I've been able to keep Ashley from swiping it. So far.

Then, earlier this week, I came home from work about 10 p.m. after a long, long day to find another package in my mail. This one, though, was from Jim (Jimster). He had been reading my posts about my newfound passion for sushi and saw that I had been rolling the sushi with plastic wrap because I hadn't been able to find a sushi mat. (Hey, it worked, LOL) Of course, he promptly bought one and sent it to me, along with a package of "instant" dashi no moto. Now, I've never had dashi no moto, that I'm aware of, so I'll have lots of fun with this!

Thank you, Jim, for thinking of me. Ashley also thanks you, she thinks you've just provided her with hours of entertainment, watching me try to learn to use a sushi mat. I'll fool her, I'll make her roll her own, so there.

So, thank you Renee and thank you Jim, for thinking of me and for brightening my day. You don't know how much I appreciate it.

Annie

Comments (13)