SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Two FFOS For Today and Some Surprises

avedon_gw
10 years ago

I had to take the pictures early since I was going to Texarkana. I always like to get as much done in the mornings as I can before the heat really sets in.

Westbourne Butterfly Season--I have wanted this one since I saw the first picture of it posted by Rita a few years ago. This is the FFO and I just love it, but I will bet as time goes by, there will be ever better blooms.

Pink Super Spider--another one I have wanted and got on the LA this spring. Unfortunately, the plant was so small, I didn't expect it to survive, but here it is. It's blooming on a short scape,and my husband had to stake it because the flower is so big, but I know in time, those scapes will get taller.

Westbourne Good Old Days

Definitely not a FFO, but I just thought the flowers looked so pretty.

Now for the surprise--this is a Blue Larkspur, a native Texas wildflower. These just started showing up about a third of a mile from our house growing in a small area where two roads form a triangle. Eventually, they will go into seed, and I hope to collect some and try to grow them here. They are so pretty, what a lovely blue. The genus is Delphinium so I always think of blue in conjunction with delphiniums.

Blue Larkspur

Closeup of the flower:

Now another surprise: At Lowe's I found this plant that I have wanted for some time, and I could hardly believe they had these. This is the Flutterby dwarf butterfly bush called "Blue Heaven". I was hoping they had the other ones, Petite Pink and Petite White, but no luck with that. Still, I was so lucky to get this. I think it will be a very good addition to the garden.

Blue Heaven dwarf butterly bush

Closeup of the flowers--I think this picture makes them look much more lavender.

Comments (13)