SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Packing, Wedding & Trip Report . . . and Pics

lynninnewmexico
11 years ago

Thanks to all your help last week, I managed to get everything packed into my wheeled carry-on bag and my tote. In retrospect, I only wish that my tote had been wheeled, too, as both were quite heavy. I'm going to look for a good one with wheels as soon as possible! It was liberating, though, to not have that extra baggage to check on and then wait for when I arrived. I was surprised and happy at how unwrinkled my clothes were after being tightly rolled and zip-locked in bags for the trip. It works great that way!

My trip back to Michigan for my little sister's wedding went really well. It was in the low 50's there, but I thankfully brought the right clothes this trip, unlike my trip to Oklahoma the week before!

Although I can't post pics of the happy couple (my little sis was a beautiful, glowing bride), I can post a pic I took of the beautiful Autumn foliage there. It seemed to be at it's peak then and was wonderful! The wedding reception was on the groom's property, out in the country next to his small private lake. They'd rented a big white event tent and, with the help of two patio-type heaters, it was a gorgeous, comfortable, fun and happy event.

I took this near their home out in the country last Friday:

Another sister (I have 4) and I stopped by one of the local cider mills while I were there for cider, apple butter and fresh donuts. Love Michigan cider mills! This was just one small corner of it, but the entire place was very colorful and festive looking.

Their reception was in this big event tent on their property. I took this pic as it was being set up inside. The wedding colors, BTW, were white, lilac and silver. It was like a fairyland in there, especially in the evening. Sorry it's a bit blurry:

The ceiling of the tent was really pretty. It was all white, although the shadows in my pic make it look a bit purplish.

Thanks again for all your help before my trip. It was much appreciated!

Lynn

Comments (6)