SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Lion King Evening Update

lynninnewmexico
11 years ago

Last night was our big Lion King evening. I'd bought the tickets back in early February and, OMG, our 3rd row center seats were drop-dead fantastic! I'd been worried that they might be too close, but in our theater (Popejoy Hall in Albuquerque), these seats were perfect. We were less than 40 feet from the stage (I think 30 ft actually), which allowed us to see the wonderful, intricate details of their makeup, costumes and set designs.

The opening number, where many of the "animals" slowly walk down the aisles on each side of the center seating where we were, to the stage took our breath away.

The costumes were brilliantly designed and stunning to see up close. The acting and music was wonderful.

I have to say that for me personally, "The Lion King" is now my favorite of all the musicals that I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them.

DH & I made a special date night out of this and had a leisurly romantic dinner before the theater at a wonderful French restaurant we love. Being empty nesters has definite advantages these days!

Anyhoo, I can't say enough good things about this magical show and highly recommend it to anyone . . . and come prepared to be blown away.

I'm adding some pics below for those of you who, like me, had not previously seen the gorgeous costumes for this musical.

Lynn

Comments (14)