SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xhappyx

More static cling using Tide... This is strange..

xhappyx
13 years ago

I have been using various detergents over the last few years. A lot of times, it depends on whatever is on sale (within reason, I won't buy certain brands). I recently switched to Tide with Dawn. I noticed that all of a sudden our laundry has a lot more static cling. At first I thought it might be because it has been cold out and the weather might be playing into this. But then it started to rain and the humidity has been back to normal again. But, every time I wash clothes we have lots of static again. I have been using Kirkland (Costco) brand dryer sheets. So I thought, maybe there is something going on, and switched to both loads with Gain and then other loads with Snuggle liquid softeners. Nope! Both had lots of static. Then today I am doing laundry again and decided to go back to the dryer sheets. The clothing is full of static again.

The only thing that is different is the fact that I have switched detergents. The last bottle of detergent I was using was Arm & Hammer liquid. If I used a dryer sheet or anything, I never noticed any problems with static. This included when I dry polar fleece and acrylic socks in the load. Now everything has static now that I am using Tide detergent.

Has anyone noticed a difference in the amount of static in their laundry directly related to the brand of detergent they are using regardless of which fabric softeners they use?

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has noticed this or not with various brands of detergent.

I still haven't tried another detergent to see what happens next but I might break out the Gain, All or the other bottle of Arm & Hammer in my stash to see if this makes a difference compared to when I am using Tide.

Comments (2)