SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

do I need a yearly maint plan for my new heat pump...

andrelaplume2
16 years ago

I thought the benifit of heat pumps over, say, oil was that they required no yearly $120 servicing. I had my old oil burner serviced every year in our old home. Now we moved and will have a heat pump put in. I am very good about replacing the filters. The installer will sell me a yearly contract for $200. For that I get to the top of the list if something goes wrong--which if I am buying from him, I'd think I'd at least get bumped over those who did not purchase from him...? I'd also get a spring cleaning and a fall cleaning. I asked specifically what was cleaned and was told they check to be sure I have been changing the filter, vacuum coils and wash something inside and out. They do about half all this in the spring and a more thourough version in the fall. Personally, after asking around, I have yet to find anyone who does anything to there units on a regular basis other than change the filters. That does not mean they are in the right though.

Should I buy this plan? Should I get a yearly cleaning? Every other year?

The installed did say whether or not I bought their plan, I'd still be covered under my 10 year parts and labor warranty. Its an AS system.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH