SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Help with lockout temp on HW VP 9000 IAQ

2ajsmama
14 years ago

Perhaps someone can help with this specific problem (Honeywell didn't have an answer). Installer was out here to service my Climatemaster Tranquility 27, changed some settings on stat, checked wiring on HP, changed it so we can have auto humidification instead of going to basement and turning dial, tried to set up dehumidification using AC. But whenever he went back into Setup, he found that 0350 and 0360 (compressor and Aux Heat lockout temps) have reverted back to "0" (not set). Not a problem with 0350 since we don't want to lock out compressor, but we'd really like to set the Aux Heat lockout to about 20 degrees F. Honeywell suggested setting 0350 temp first (and it didn't work), and then trying to change "Backup heat" (I forget number) to fossil fuel, but installer didn't want to do that. I don't know if changing it to Fossil Fuel, then setting the lockout temp, exiting Setup, then going back in and changing it to Electric would work?

I also suggested taking the stat off the wall in the 2 zone and reprogramming it as the main controller to see if that particular stat would keep the settings, but he said it wouldn't make a difference. I was wondering if we had a defective stat?

Comments (5)