SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catheemivelaz

Hello?? We are in a recession/depression!

catheemivelaz
15 years ago

I have been on this website the last few weeks and noticed the questions raised about getting their kitchen redo's at lower prices, asking if that was possible, and it makes me wonder how the depression/recession is playing into the "bidding" game. I would love to hear input on whether or not people found that they were able to really take advantage of the fact that our economy is in the dumps and have gotten their kitchen done for much less than they would have years ago. (The news on TV JUST said, "We all know that the State of California is in bad shape") so how am I reading posts that say that they had people come over for an estimate telling them, "oh, you'll never get anything that low without getting horrible work done," etc, etc.

I have a contractor coming today for an estimate, and then last night, another "company" called for an estimate, and I told them that I didn't want a big company because their overhead wouldn't allow them to give me an "affordable" estimate. I guess what I'm asking is how is the ecomony affecting your bids?? Thanks!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH