SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dillon1_gw

Help with A/C furnace replacement-NorthCentral FLA

dillon1
15 years ago

Hi,

Great Forum! I need advice if prudent to start looking at replacing both of my TRANE furnaces and a/c units. They are 20 years old and have had no problems at all other than they seem to burn thru the electricity for a/c. We like the propane furnaces and do *not* want to change to heat pumps. The a/c is most critical to us..hot and VERY humid. I noticed in this forum there is very little talk of the 19-20 seer systems. Is that because they are overpriced and not proven yet? At the moment I don't know the size of the current units but they are models xe900 and xe1000 outside and xe70's on the inside..not sure of tonnage per.

If we change out I do want the ducts checked and sealed and I do want efficiency as well as longevity. I am planning on several proposals and appreciate any thoughts on the 20seer Bryant 187 Evolution vs Carrier Performance series vs TRANE XL19i?

The current TRANE system is extremely quiet with no air noise out of registers (which I like). I hear the new systems put out more air and can cause noisier airflow???

My father (85) says no need to replace if not broken! Just conserve more to get the bill down...again, any thoughts appreciated! Thx.

Dillon 1

Comments (7)