SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bibliomom

Should I Rawr Lowes or Electrolux?

bibliomom
15 years ago

So after waiting *three weeks* for the Turquoise Wave Touch washer and dryer from Lowes, we were called by the delivery guys and told there was some "damage". Since I'm desperate for a W/D, we opted to see the damage -- a substantial dent in the side of the dryer, and a washer that took a strong enough hit to bend the frame along the top.

Since we were going to stack them, they had to go back, even if I was willing to deal with the high odds that something internal was broken.

Here's the deal -- Lowes couldn't tell us why it took three weeks to get them in the first place and, three hours later, and still trying to figure that out. They seem to think it's Electrolux.

Sears has the washer and the steam dryer (which I didn't want) in stock, but would require another week to get the normal dryer.

Ye Olde Local Appliance story doesn't seem to have them in stock, either. What gives? Does Electrolux just not want to sell these solid gold washers? For all their ads, no one seems to own them, they don't go on sale, and they seem impossible to acquire. Or is it just bad luck and my desire for the fancy color?

Argh! I can't live without a washer for another three weeks! We got a good deal from Lowes (for the Electrolux) but this is beginning to seem not worth it. I really like the size and the feature set, but this is beginning to look like a sign from God to just find something else. We'll see what the salesguy finds out -- assuming he calls back -- but I just don't know what to do if he says three weeks.

Other than, "No."

Comments (6)