SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clarygrace_gw

Prep Sink in secondary island???

clarygrace
12 years ago

Hello All! I am new to this forum and am so grateful to have found it. The plethora of great information sharing is very much appreciated.

We are embarking on a very large kitchen renovation that includes tearing down a wall to our existing dining room since it's too small for our entertaining purposes. Luckily we have two other formal rooms, which we have converted to dining and living room and still have a large family room/eating area with vaulted ceilings. The new kitchen will be 13.25 x 22 and our KD has designed two islands; a large 3.5 x 10 which will include the cooktop, microwave and lots of storage. I have a lot of stuff! The secondary island is 6 x 5.5 and will have a bumped out 24" cabinet with a prep sink, in close proximity to the second dishwasher which will be close to the end of the perimiter cabinets.

My main triangle consists of the cooktop on main island, with main sink and refrigerator right across on the perimeter, in close proximity. Double ovens are located on the other wall with it's own prep zone.

Do you think it's ok to have the prep sink on the secondary island? This island will also serve as breakfast and entertainment island. I will mainly work on the main island for cooking.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments (19)