SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trots_gw

Blower Fan Shutting Down

trots
16 years ago

Hi. I live in the Southeast. Hot, humid summers (like right now). We built our house in 2004. One day last year during the summer I noticed the downstairs getting very hot. I realized that, though the fan was set to "On" it was not blowing. The compressor outside was running continuously but of course no A/C downstairs. I shut the system off, then turned it on again an hour or so later and it seemed to right itself and didn't happen again and I forgot about it. Until this summer. Now it's happening more and more frequently. It seems I need to let it cool down for awhile and then the fan will start up again so some kind of breaker is shutting it down. I'm leaving soon for a week vacation so I'd like to correct this before I leave.

Do I need professional help? I'm fairly handy around the house but obviously not an expert. If it's something I can fix I'll have a go at it, but of course it could be over my head. Any advice would be appreciated. Please ask if there's some crucial piece of info I need to provide. Thanks.

Comments (5)