SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kebc77

sanitize cycle--did I just do something gross?

kebc77
16 years ago

We've had some nasty germs in the house the past few days--my husband has had the flu (the real flu, not just a bad cold), and my son (still in diapers) had diarrhea that I found when I got him up in the morning. I collect towels--dish cloths, kitchen and bath towels, etc. that I wash separately. Every couple times I'll run them through a sanitary cycle instead of a regular hot water wash. I figured this would be a good time to do that. So I was loading everything in the washer and when I went to put the last dish towel in, I suddenly thought of the mix of stuff I had in there. I was sort of grossed out. But then I thought...hey, it IS the sanitary cycle (and I put in a scoop of Oxyclean), so even if it goes in with various pathogens and other...um..."stuff", it should be...well, sanitized when it comes out. Right?

So 3 hours from now, can I assume that everything should be not only visibly clean but free of viruses, bacteria, all traces of body fluids, etc.? Or do I need to rewash some of this stuff?

Sigh. Gotta love the germy season!

Thanks for your help :).

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH