SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uncledave_ct

Swing Low, Sweet Pendant Lights...

uncledave_ct
14 years ago

Good Morning, fellow kitchen aficionados!

I am nearing the end of my DIY kitchen reno. So far, I believe I've made some OK choices; however, the pendants over the island are giving me slight agita. It's relatively minor in the grand scheme of things, but I just can't seem to reach a decision regarding their height.

By most standards, they are too low -- only 24" above the island countertop. However, I'm a shrimp, and they look fine to me, whether I'm standing up or sitting down. They aren't very large so they don't obstruct my view.

I don't have pictures uploaded yet, so I apologize. Basically, they are on a decorative track system, with the rail that is suspended between two supports. My personal opinion is that if I shorten the cords to raise them up higher, because of the low ceiling, the cords will look disproportionately short.

At this height, the light spread seems fine to me. This may be purely subjective anyway, as a taller person may prefer them to be higher. Do you think I'd be OK keeping them at 24" above the island top?

Thanks for your input.

~UncleD

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor