SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jilln_gw

samsung 331 vs frigidaire FAFS4474LW - better rinse?

jilln
12 years ago

I have two specific questions:

Does anyone have experience with these models in terms of rinsing cleanly? Specifically, does a towel or washcloth have soapy residue if you place it in clean water and swish?

Also, can an owner of the samsung 331 tell me how many rinse cycles it does by default (the frigidaire manual tells how many rinses in the different cycles, and they offer an extra rinse option, but the samsung manual is less helpful, and the 331 only has a separate rinse&spin cycle)?

Background, if you're interested:

We were planning on getting the samsung 331 based on consumer reports' review, but then our homebuilder's appliance guy said he gets a lot less customer complaints about the frigidaire FAFS4474LW (we're trying to stick with samsungs or frigidaires because our homebuilder, who we know personally, can get us a discount on those two brands). Our main priority is very clean rinsing because we have a baby with sensitive skin and we are cloth diapering. (We use Charlie's soap in our current top loader and plan to continue using it in the HE machine unless we have problems.) We also want a relatively quiet machine, because it will be on the second floor. Also, we would prefer to keep the cost reasonable (the Samsung 431 has a second rinse option, but it's quite a bit more expensive).

I saw another thread about samsungs not rinsing well, but it sounded from some responses like all HE machines might have the same problem because the manufacturers get rebates for using very little water - too little for clean rinsing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Comments (14)