SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

wwyd senior edition-update

neetsiepie
12 years ago

I took the advice I received here and called Senior Services today about my neighbor. I checked the obituaries going back the past year, and even checked on the social security database, his mother is not listed, so we must assume she's still alive. He's not the type who would defraud the government, but he's just too cheap to put her in a nursing home. The house they live in is in her name, he owns the house next to it.

At first the person who took my call seemed not so interested, but as I told him more and more, he took down the complaint and sent an investigator out within an hour! DH was home and he told the man that our n'bor was gone, but if he saw his silver truck it meant he was home. The investigator looked around a bit, then left. M came home and minutes later the investigator returned, knocked on the door but M never answered it. Finally the investigator came by a 3rd time and this time M answered but told him his house was too messy for him to come in. He confirmed his mother is still living.

M told DH about the conversation, he doesn't know it was us that made the call. I am pretty confident that the next step will be Senior Services to get the police involved, as I told them that he's a hoarder and they're very familiar with that type of behavior. Tonight when I came home I noticed that his front yard is fairly neat, but if you look in over our fence into his back yard...OMG. And he's stashing things in the yard at the other house. I guess he's trying to keep up appearances because the County has contacted him before about his messes. Hoping that this time there will be some action taken!

Comment (1)