SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

DH's New Part D from SilverScript is a Disaster

chisue
11 years ago

I'm glad we've both had the shingles vaccine or I would probably be erupting in a rash by now.

This company is so mixed up. It is unbelievable.

Dec. 10 DH took two prescriptions into CVS. He also gave them the membership codes he'd received from his new Part D insurance plan with Silverscript. He said he would be needing the prescriptions January 2 or 3 because we depart for Maui for two months on Jan. 4 and because he has meds only through Jan. 3. CVS said to call Jan. 1 to have the prescriptions filled -- which he did.

Silverscript tells the pharmacy they can't find DH as a member. They will not authorize co-payment. We and the pharmacist have spent *hours* on hold trying to get through to Silverscript or to a 'supervisor'. DH tried at midnight last night -- was on hold for half an hour without a response before he gave up.

I called this morning at 7:30. After 20 minutes on hold, I'm told they are updating their system. They can confirm his membership... within 72 hours! "We are always very busy at this time of year." (Can't PLAN AHEAD for this?)

Gah! We'll be out of town in less than 24 hours. We are invited to pay for the meds out of pocket and MAIL Silverscript the receipts to APPLY for reimbursement. The two meds total $1286 for a two-month supply.

We waited until the new year because these meds are so expensive. DH was in the 'gap' June - December of 2012. This is not the first year we've gotten meds from a new insurance company plan the first of the year.

Why do I have no confidence that we will be reimbursed? Could it be the sloppy performance so far?

Thanks for being my 'stress relievers'.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz