SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccox_gw

My DH earned the 'D' in Dear Husband this week

ccox
18 years ago

Hi all,

This obviously isn't farm related, but I have to brag on my city boy husband. He loves dogs, tolerates the cat and just lives with the other critters we have because my DD and I love animals.

This past week I was out of town with my DD and youngest son at a church camp. He got left in charge of the chickens. I have a broody hen in his shop. One egg had hatched when I left and I didn't know what would become of the other two. Another one hatched while I was gone. He had paid enough attention when I brooded 20 chicks last fall to know that chicks need introducing to food and water if momma chicken doesn't do it. He waited 24 hours and couldn't tell if "Rosie" had introduced this new chick to food/water. He dipped the chicks beak in water and scratched around in the chick starter for the new one to eat. Lets hear a big "aaawwww!"

The other part of the story is that "Rosie" refused to get off the nest because of the one remaining egg. He had to bodily remove her several times a day so she'd feed with her chicks and use the bathroom. Speaking of bathroom, he discovered the joy (LOLHe's my chicken hero! All this from a guy who only loves dogs. (BIG smile;)

Had to share. Take care,

Carla

Comment (1)