SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

Eggs Benedict with waffles!

vacuumfreak
11 years ago

I was inspired by you all and wanted to try something today. Ann, with her new waffle adventure was the primary source of inspiration... Ssommerville mentioned eggs benedict with savory waffles in that thread. I made regular breakfast style waffles instead of savory, but I enjoy sweet and savory together. The tip about the cookie sheet under the waffle iron really helped.

I've only made hollandaise sauce twice before. The first time, I scrambled the eggs because I didn't know what I was doing. The second time, I used a blender recipe and it turned out well, but I felt like it was cheating. Today, with the help of a double boiler (wink to Cathy, who probably recognizes every pan in the picture), I was able to make it successfully.

I'd just made a ham a few days ago, so I used the leftovers instead of Canadian bacon... and with sweet waffles instead of English muffins, this has about as much in common with true eggs benedict as a vintage Sunbeam mixmaster does with a 7 dollar plastic Rival hand mixer... but still, the results were delicious and the process was fun.

Thank you all for inspiring me!

Comments (11)