SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_smile

Reporting back on Italian Dinner + another ?

country_smile
14 years ago

Five days ago I asked for suggestions for a dessert for an Italian Dinner that I was planned at my house for some of my women colleagues (on thread "Need dessert ideas for Italian meal). The evening was unquestionably a grand success because of the food, and more importantly because of the conversation and endless laughter. If laughter really is good for your health, all of us had well above the daily recommended allowance plus we have reserves to last us for weeks!

Several people had suggested Italian cookies and one of my guests wanted to bring something so she provided the cookies - biscotti, 3 different kinds.

I made 2 of the desserts you recommended because there was no way I could narrow it down to just one: 1) Annie's Limoncello Sorbet and 2) Beth's Glazed Lemon Sour Cream Cake. Both of them were refreshing, light and absolutely delicious - a perfect ending to our feast. I'm so glad I asked for your recommendations because I would never have thought to make them. And to others who posted recipes that I didn't serve last night, I'll simply say that I now have a list of several more that I want to try out in the near future.

Thank You! - Thank You! - Thank You! - As usual, you came through with brilliant ideas.

After making the sorbet I have another question. Since I didn't have a small ice cream maker (I have a 6-qt White Mountain Homemade Ice Cream maker) and because after enjoying that tasty sorbet I know that I want to make more - raspberry sounds good - I'd like to know what brand of ice cream/sorbet maker do you recommend I buy? My lovely lady friends handed me a Macy's gift card before departing and I want to use their gift to buy an ice cream/sorbet maker.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!