SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldhometara

Backsplash idea - white subways with TIN ceiling tiles?

oldhometara
16 years ago

I want a simple backsplash with an old time feel to go with my new all white cabs and pietra cardosa gray countertop (with carrara on the island). I had been planning on all white subways, perhaps laid out on herringbone rather than straight brick pattern. But the cabinetry forms a "mantel" look above/around the range which seems to call for some special backsplash attention.

How would it look if I put in 3x6 white subway tiles everywhere, except behind the range, where I could install a "picture frame" look (made out of white chair rail/molding or pencil tile, I guess) with tin at the center? So, behind the range, maybe putting up tin (in a shiny stainless steel finish) would spice things up a bit, while not getting too busy or moving too far away from an old look?

I think it would be neat to use tin ceiling tile/panels as a backsplash accent, but don't want to do the entire backsplash in tin.

Would white subways/tin look good together?

Has anyone else seen or done this?

Is it even feasible, since the tile gets mounted one way (mud or whatever) and the tin another (looks like wood lath)?

Maybe I could or should just do an all white subway tile backsplash and then afterward buy tin panels, somehow make a frame with them, and just prop it up against the back of the range? That way I can remove it if it looks bad!

I don't know if I've seen the combo of white subways and tin as a backsplash before and would love to see pix of this look, if anyone has any.

Is this a good idea or an odd one?

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts/ideas!

Tara

Comments (5)