SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loungie

Rheem Split A/C and Furnace System -- Good Idea?

loungie
13 years ago

We have a 20 year old 3 ton Janitrol a/c and furnace that is far past its prime. We live in Houston, Tx in a single floor 1234 sq foot siding above brick home built in 1952. We have excellent double paned windows with thermally broken frames, but very poor insulation in the walls & attic. In order to take advantage of the Texas appliance trade up rebate program (I have the guaranteed money -- whoo hoo!), and the Texas energy efficient appliance sales tax holiday program over the Memorial Day weekend, plus the Federal tax credit program, we are seriously considering purchasing the following Rheem system, installed for our home:

Rheem Prestige RAPM036JEZ 3 ton split a/c

Rheem coil RCFMHM3624AC

Rheem variable speed furnace RGPR07EBRQR

This installation is to include a Rheem thermostat which will control humidity, but I don't know the info on that. Who manufacturers thermostats for Rheem?

I have a proposed cost of $7250 (before any Rheem cash back), permitted, installed to code and to pass city inspection.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this deal from a Rheem certified dealer who started & owns his air & heat company since 1969 and who has no complaints of any kind at the BBB. His installers all have been with him for over 20 years.

Do you think this sounds like a good deal?

Any other questions I should ask of the dealer?

Thanks so much for your time and help!

Comments (4)