SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daffer

Lennox XP19-60 Heat Pump vs XPX19-060

daffer
15 years ago

I've got an opportunity to use a brand-new, but discontinued model of Lennox' 5-ton heat pump. The previous model, introduced in 2003 I believe, has a diagnostic panel, as does the new XP19 model. I'd be using this in conjunction with a 90,000 BTU, 95% AFUE, G71 furnace.

The XPX19 is more exposed to the elements, no casing around it (and it would be sheltered, so that's not a problem for me). Other than that, I thought it woud be exactly the same, performance-wise, but the specs listed in an older Lennox brochure say its SEER is "up to" 15.00 and the HSPF is "up to" 8.2. These are versus 16.50 and 8.75 for the XP19-060.

The sound rating on the XPX19 is 76 dB. I don't know what it is on the XP19.

The cooling BTUh is 57,500 on the XPX19. I don't know what it is on the XP19, but had assumed it would be 60,000.

Can anyone comment on why these figures might be different- and how important they may be. I'd have the same new product warranty on the discontinued model and think I can get a very good price break, but don't want to do it if there's something I may be missing in this equation....

Comments (5)