SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinam61

Best tip for cleaning woodwork (trim)?

tinam61
12 years ago

We have painted woodwork in our home. This time of year I get in deep cleaning mode (always before the holidays I guess). I spent a couple of days last week (off and on) in our master bedroom and bath. My biggest complaint in house keeping is FLOORS. Especially the bathroom floor. Okay, two thick-haired people, occasional hair spray, etc. do not make a good mixture, so the master bath is the worst. Add to that - the master bedroom and bath are on one end of the house and for some reason - it seems to be the dustiest part of the house! Hubby is going to research adding another return to the ac/heat unit. I do run a air purifier in there at certain times of the year (my mold allergy), but not all the time. Anyhoo, I get a build-up in the edges (up against the tub, trim, etc.) in the bathroom and of course the top (upper edge) of the trim. I confessed not long ago not using a broom inside the house, but I bought one of those little brooms to use in those "cracks" before mopping and in between mopping. I used my vacuum trim attachment and cleaned all the woodwork/trim in both rooms and went over all the baseboard with a damp cloth. Still need to go over windowsills and doors with the damp cloth (I use a little ammonia in the water).

So, any tips for easier cleaning of trim? Particularly baseboard. TIA!!

tina

Comments (18)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm