SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Overnight porridges & other make ahead breakfasts

lpinkmountain
13 years ago

BF gets up at an ungodly hour of the morning for his commute. I have been getting up with him, making his breakfast and then going back to sleep for a bit. Yes, I know I don't have to, he always tells me to go back to sleep, but if he's up and around I don't sleep anyway, so I just go down and make him some toast and/or oatmeal so it is ready as he is dressing. We already make the take-along lunch ahead. I was working at home, so I didn't have to get up that early and my morning commute was from the kitchen to my office. But that may soon change. So I was wondering if any of you have had good luck with make ahead porridges? I have one of the newer crockpots that cooks high even on the "low" setting. Any other ideas for make ahead breakfasts that can be nuked or quickly heated?? Grab and go is also good. What I do now for this is yogurt with granola and a lot of varieties of muffins, plus homeade raisin type breads with cottage cheese, and nuked fake sausages. Has anyone had any luck with wraps or breakfast sandwiches made ahead? Seems like it would be hard to get them to heat evenly and all the way through in the micro. My premade pancakes aren't the greatest nuked, but maybe that was the recipe. French toast seems to do OK.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lpink

Comments (33)