SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mad_about_mickey

Hi guys ! Update on tooth /face infection

mad_about_mickey
14 years ago

I had my upper teeth removed on Wednesday December 30th like scheduled.

He asked me if i felt better having been on the amoxycillin . I said I felt it wasn't all gone.

After packing my mouth they asked if I had any questions. Duh ! In hindsight I could have written them down ....

I came home with a new prescription for amoxycillin and a row of 'running stitches'. and An appoinment for Jan. 11th for a checkup.

I felt ok though.

By Saturday both knotted ends of the stitches were loose, so much so that when I would wake up one end or the other would be hanging out of my mouth. accck ! Think hair in mouth constantly !

I called on Monday and they got me in and took the stitches out and gave me a different script for the infection. This one for Clindamycin. They felt it was still a little too icky in my face and eye socket.

So... overall except for the Clindamycin making me sooo sick to stomach , I feel rather good. Went in Monday for the check-up and they said that it is healing great ! Especially with me being diabetic. So, I now have an appointment in February for my post-op. They think the infection is gone. I am supposed to let them know if I get any tingling or pain in my face.

So ! YAY !!

BTW my brother called and asked me how I was doing and he told me 'Gee, in no time you'll be eating peanuts.'

Ummm...sorry, don't think so.

Comments (13)