SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathytrask

Price is Right??

kathytrask
15 years ago

Hi! I am new to my house in Los Angeles, about 3000 sq. feet, built in 1937, the venting system (if that's even the right term) for where the heating/ac blows to the first floor/second floor is pretty straight forward! The a/c unit is outside, with the heating and etc., down in the basement, all the air flow comes from the basement, and with ducts that supply both the first floor and go up to second floor. right now, by the time the air gets to the second floor it's pretty much non-existent, so, we had our a/c guy come out, he told us our unit had been installed in the 70's, we needed a new one, and that whoever lived here hardly had it serviced, it's kaput!!

so, he quoted us around 8,900$ to install a new heater/air conditioner - Amana a/c - 14 seer, york heater 80% upflow...is this a good price or do we need to look elsewhere??? i know nothing about heaters/ac, i wouldn't know if it's remotely close to a good price, please help so i don't get it installed monday if this is not a good idea!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!