SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goodbyekitty_gw

Here's our 2nd quote and our 1st quote again;

goodbyekitty
13 years ago

We have a 2222 sq ft house, central Washington(not coastal Washington), we have very cold winters reaching 10 degrees or lower and short very hot summers at times up to 100+ degrees. Our current system is a 38 yr old 3.5 ton Carrier unit.

1st quote:

Rheem 3.5 ton RPNL-042 Jaz 13 SEER/8.5 HSPF Rheem RHSL Air handler; without air filter $6,082. With Second Wind air filter an extra $622

When we asked about a 14 SEER he said that he would have to change it out to a 4 ton heat pump. Really? I looked on their website and their table is hard to read. I couldn't even find our RPNL-042 model. I see RPNL-*AZ series, but not the one he quoted. Is RPNL-*AZ the same as RPNL-042 JAZ?

2nd quote:

Lennox 14HPX 14 SEER/7.7 HSPF with a CBX26R Air Handler and a Healthy Climate 10 Media Air Cleaner. Unit is 3 ton(?)I have to verify that. Their quote is $7,833. Air cleaner wasn't separated out so I don't know how much that would be if it was left out.

My husband is the one with the allergies, but I don't think he really cares about the air cleaner and thinks it's just an extra expense he can live without. But I'm thinking he would probably appreciate it after living with it for a while.

We have a couple of more quotes coming in this week but I'm curious about the Rheem, how come I can't see it on their website like I can the Lennox model they quoted us? Also, do all models go up in tonnage as the SEER ratings increase such as the Rheem? Both contractors told us we don't need anything bigger than a 3.5 ton.

Thats all I have. What else should we be asking?

Comments (6)