SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neagirl

Small kitchen remodel - layout input please

neagirl
13 years ago

Hi - I'm new to this forum. I've read through some of the posts and can see how knowledgable the members here are, so I would appreciate any input.

We are in the very beginning stages of planning for a kitchen remodel. Our kitchen space is pretty limited about 11x10. We've come up with a preliminary layout, but I would definitely appreciate any suggestions.

We pretty much need to keep water/gas in the same places due to our budget. Our current kitchen is the original in a 1915 craftsman and is not very functional - little storage, litte counter space (22" and 16" depth). We're looking to increase storage and funtionality within the limited constraints of the space.

Here's our current layout along with a few pictures (a better idea of the limitations we're working with!)

Here is what we have worked up so far for our future layout.

How does it look? Any suggestions?

One issue is the refrigerator against the wall, but I don't see any other solutions in the space we have. Also we are wanting to take down the wall on the left, and perhaps have a pony wall with a bar and stools. However, I'm not sure if there is enough space for that. There's a total of about 32 inches before we hit another door in the adjoining breakfast nook. The 32" would include 24" cabinets, would we also have room for a bar(possibly raised)?

Thank you so much for any help!

Comments (21)