SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbnbham

No air coming out of A/C vents in house

jbnbham
15 years ago

Being a new homeowner, this is the first time we have had to use tha A/C in the house. I found there is no air at all coming out of the vents, even though the system itself seems to be working fine. A few facts:

* Outside unit is running; in fact, the line froze from the unit to the siding. I turned the unit off today to allow it to thaw, which it did, but still issues.

* Electric air, gas heat. In the attic the furnace lies next to the air ducts, there is a switch on the wall that turns the furnace and A/C off.

* There was cold air "leaking" from the side of the furnace, which seemed odd to me at least.

* The house sat for a year without being occupied, so I wonder if the vent is somehow blocked.

I read somewhere it could be the air handler. I admit I am a noob to owning an A/C unit, and although I have been successful at fixing other issues around the house as they have arised - many times figuring stuff out as I go - this one has me stumped. Any advice would be appreciated. I am pretty sure the answer is either really simple or really expensive.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Comments (10)